Edil - Amaranoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edil - Amaranoh, a forum for the Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miss.Tanglewood!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 2:37 am

Hey! I'm Miss.Tanglewood! ( Not my real name obviously but it is the make of my guitar Very Happy ) I stumbled upon this awesome site on Alison Croggon's blog in case you were wondering. I come from the dreary and somewhat dull UK - all of you living in Australia and America are so lucky! I love playing the guitar, singing, listening to music, drawing (sometimes manga), writing (as i hope one day to write a series of novels) and of course how can i forget reading?! Surprised
I love the Pellinor books of course but i also love the Harry Potter's, The Inheritance Cycle and the Twilight Series - to name a few. Very Happy
Oh and i am a teenage girl - age 13 and oh-so very close to 14!
Back to top Go down
lunarox142

lunarox142

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:10 am

Hi Miss Tanglewood! I'm actually jealous that you get live in the UK. I've been there once and I loved so if I was to live anywhere else that is where it would be. And the only reason I wouldn't just move there is because all my friends are here. Anyway, I love Harry Potter too. It is my absolute favorite series (another reason I am jealous of the UK, all the HP things happen there).
Back to top Go down
Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 4:10 am

Hmm, I guess i agree to the HP thing. I've always wanted to go to all the conventions aswell. Like for instance one of my friends got to meet Tom Felton and get his autograph!!! (He plays Draco Malfoy in the films Very Happy ) I was so jealous. I also went to this quite weird Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows launch and there was loads of people who came dressed as Bellatrix and Snivellus lol. Oh and there was snowy owls and i got to stroke one-they really are cute. I got a sticker for doing it too-i felt very special-joking. Did you cry at the books? They were so sad-especially the 7th one - weeping Crying or Very sad . Oh i could talk about HP for ages. Maybe i should join a Harry Potter site aswell... But i've always loved America, and the weather is so much nicer there-sigh.
Back to top Go down
lunarox142

lunarox142

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:54 am

We do have good weather, especially around here. I live around San Francisco, and it is pretty much always perfect. That is so cool your friend got to meet Tom Felton. My best friend had a huge crush on him. I was devastated at the end. With all the deaths and the series being over...
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Admin
great&terriblebeauty

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Hey Miss.Tanglewood!

That is so cool that you live in England! I really want to go there some day, and not just visit London, where all the tourists go, but I want to travel around, and go to places you wouldn't normally find tourists...

-sigh-

and I love HP! BUT, I haven't read book #7 yet -gasp- I know, -slaps hand- I have been slacking...

-looks around coyly-

and I love writing...the only problem is, I probably wouldn't be able to be an author because I get this great idea, I start writing about it, and then I have another great idea, and I never finish any of my stories...

(you can tell by all my Twilight fanfictions... -blush-)
Back to top Go down
http://pellinor.omgforum.net
aria

aria

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi Miss Tanglewood!

By the light, UK somewhat...dull? HP launches, Tom Felton signings and snowy owls!

I love manga ^^

I know what you mean GTB, I can never stick to completing writing a story either, I just keep on getting better ideas that now all I've got is a ton of ideas and never to be resolved stories.

Oo when are you turning 14? I'm in November.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mayfloweraria.blogspot.com
Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 8:58 am

I know what you mean about writing. I also tend to trail off onto strange paths which previously were never connected to the original plot... I began to write my own version of midnight sun but i didn't get past the first chapter. Oh and i turn 14 on the 28th September Very Happy So exciting! Plus, has anyone read Eragon or Eldest? Because Brisingr is coming out on Saturday-well in the uk. So exited, but my sister is getting it for me for my birthday and is detirmined to make me wait Sad ~sniffles~ I've been meaning to come on for ages but i have a bad cold Sad
By the way GTB, i've always wanted to go to London especially for the London Eye and to visit the official Chanel store of course Smile (Has flashes of imaginary princess diaries chanel dresses)
Back to top Go down
WanderingChild

WanderingChild

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 am

i've read both Eragon and Eldest! they're pretty amazing! i can't wait to read Brisingr! Hi, by the way! ...I'm fourteen! fourteen is a special number! Very Happy ...but I'll be 15 in february... then i wont be the special number anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:35 am

Awww poor you! I feel a bit like that about 13 Crying or Very sad Oh well, have you read the chapter that has been released form brisingr? i have refrained as i have a LOT of books to read and i can't afford to be distracted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WanderingChild

WanderingChild

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:49 am

no i havent read the chapter... i will wait until the book is sitting there in my hands to read it! i have a lot of books to read too... im reading Lord of the Rings(Two Towers)... Eragon(again), The Riddle(again), Tricksters Choice(again), and The Crow(again) you could say i am re-reading alot of books ... theres even more but i cant think of them at the moment! and on top of that i have school... and homework... which reminds me... i have to go do that! fun fun, yes? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lunarox142

lunarox142

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Miss Tanglewood: What part of England do you live in? I've been there once. We went to london, colchester, and alnwick, then I went to Perth in Scotland, and Belfast in Ireland. It was alot of fun!
Back to top Go down
aria

aria

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Dang, you're older than me then...by a little bit more than a month. *resumes status as youngest member of forums*

Oh, yes I have! I loved Eragon and Eldest, I've also read the excerpt a while ago. Yup, its coming out in Australia tomorrow which is Saturday, 20th September, 2008 at 2pm.
Back to top Go down
lunarox142

lunarox142

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 9:11 am

2 p.m.? Do you know why that is?
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Admin
great&terriblebeauty

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 am

It came out today in AU?

DANG.

Is CP from AU?
Back to top Go down
aria

aria

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 10:37 am

nope. As far as I'm concerned, 2pm has no significance except to keep avid fans from camping outside the book store in early AM hours ^^

CP isn't from AU, he's an American writer.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Admin
great&terriblebeauty

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 11:05 am

I feel stupid.

it is being released over here too, isn't it?

you guys just get it a day early because you are in AU. That is how it was with HP when I was over there. My friend got it the day before her sister because we were in AU.
Back to top Go down
aria

aria

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 9:12 pm

really? I have no idea, I've always felt that the US get most books earlier than AU except for the odd exceptions. Such as the Time Paradox in the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, that was released over in the US before AU.

And the MOVIES you get over there early! Twilight comes out in November in the US.

-pout-

we have to wait another month in AU!
Back to top Go down
lunarox142

lunarox142

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:18 am

I think originally we weren't supposed to have it until december either, but when they changed the release of Harry Potter, Twilight took its spot on the november 21. To be honest I would have much rathered HP. I was so bummed when I found out I would have to wait an extra 9 months.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Admin
great&terriblebeauty

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:29 pm

I actually agree, I would rather have seen HP because I am scared to see Twilight...

-shiver-
Back to top Go down
aria

aria

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:01 pm

me too, I think they're going to cut out a lot of the book. I hope it won't be as extreme as Eragon.
Back to top Go down
lunarox142

lunarox142

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:11 pm

THEY SCREWED ERAGON UP SOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!! worse even then Harry Potter I couldn't believe it. I was DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!! I mean come on.
Back to top Go down
aria

aria

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 6:37 pm

I know what you mean kitty! >.<
Back to top Go down
Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:36 am

Hi, i am now officailly 14 - so exciting! Luna, i live in the north east of england in billingham to be specific. I 'd much rather live in london though (meaning places only in england or i would love to go to America) my sister got me brisingr but i havent read it yet. have any of you heard of j.k's new book tales of beedle the bard? it comes out here in december so i pre-ordered it Very Happy I also just reread the deathly hallows and once again i cried at almost every page Smile
Back to top Go down
aria

aria

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:07 am

YES! I can't wait till Beedle the Bard comes out! At first I thought..."bard"...Pellinor? But then I remembered the Deathly Hallows.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Admin
great&terriblebeauty

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:30 am

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS ON ERAGON!!!

grrrrrrrrrrr

>.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miss.Tanglewood! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss.Tanglewood!   Miss.Tanglewood! Empty

Back to top Go down

Miss.Tanglewood!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next